I apologize I didn’t post at my regular time yesterday! Last night I had a late class and came home and fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow! Anyways, yesterday was another good day! I managed to not eat anything on my no eat list even though I really, really wanted pizza! I’ve come to the conclusion that at the end of this week, for dinner I will eat mac and cheese or pizza (along with some salad of course 🙂 ). Yesterday I consumed over 100g of protein! I was also very active yesterday, which is why I’m making today my rest day, because I’m exhausted (the 6 hours of sleep I got last night probably has something to do with that too). However, the exercise I do on Wednesdays are my favorite, I walk on an incline trainer at our rec center here for about 50 minutes (incline ranging anywhere from -3% to 25%) and then in the evening I have a ballroom dance class and then dance practice for the ballroom competition team.
When looking back at what I ate yesterday I found it interesting how my calories broke down for the three meals I normally eat in a day. Typically they are pretty even, but yesterday they were about average for breakfast, high for lunch, and really low for dinner. Here’s the breakdown of what I ate yesterday (also I apologize again, I realized last night that I forgot to take pictures of what I ate yesterday! But I’m remembering today!).
- Gladiator vanilla smoothies from Smoothie King with strawberries and banana
- 1 serving of spicy pork loin
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 1 small salad (iceberg lettuce) with blackbeans, carrots and a small amount of Caesar dressing (I don’t know about you all, but I can’t have my salad dripping in dressing, it just doesn’t work for me).
- 1 red delicious apple
- 1.5 servings of peanut butter (to put on the apple of course!)
- 1 serving of soft serve vanilla ice cream with the colorful sprinkles (I told my friend I was eating with yesterday that the sprinkles reminded me of when I was little and my parents and I would go to Dairy Queen)
- 1 packet of Nestle fat free rich milk hot chocolate
- Topped with fat free Reddi Whip (don’t get me wrong I love the full fledged heavy cream stuff Reddi Whip has, but for whatever reason, I think this kind just tastes so much better!).
- 1 serving of Mussleman’s Original Apple Sauce
Overall, I think all of the protein I had for breakfast and lunch helped me get through my long day (I had 45g at breakfast and 58.5g at lunch). On the nail front, my nails are getting longer and growing in pretty evenly. From what I can tell I think they are a little bit stronger than they were before, but I won’t exactly know until they get past the ends of my fingers.
I hope you all have a great rest of the day, I am going to continue to document my journey today and will report back later tonight (before I fall asleep!).