So today was my first day of going without bread and I have to say, I am genuinely surprised how easy it was. I kept track of everything I ate and ended up with a good amount of protein (82g of it to be precise!) Also since today is Monday, I participated in a group exercise class at my school’s rec center that focused on arms, abs, and back as well as ballroom competition team practice.
Today I kept track of everything I ate on the health app that came pre-installed on my phone. I ended up eating the following,
- 2 large eggs (I scrambled them and put a little bit of ketchup on them)
- 2 slices of Kirkland’s Bacon
- 1 glass of fat free milk (I know for some of you, that is considered white water, but that’s all I can get down 😛 ).
- 1 serving of Panda Express’s mixed vegetables
- 1 8 count chicken nugget from Chick-fil-a (with a touch of ketchup of course!)
- 1 Power Bar (20g protein, chocolate peanut butter flavor)
- 1 small gala apple
- 1 serving Good Health apple chips (cinnamon flavor!)
Here’s how my caloric, protein, carbohydrate, and fat intake changed during the day,
What I was surprised at the most, was that I wasn’t hungry for most of the day (gotta love that protein!) and because of that I didn’t want to eat bread. The fullness that I felt wasn’t the kind you feel after Thanksgiving where you want to go take a nap, it was the kind that I felt I could keep moving on with my day without stopping by my dorm to take a cat nap. I was also happy with how awake I was today. Last night I probably got around my normal 6 to 8 hours of sleep, which is what is typically recommended, but even with that, usually around 3 or 4 I get really tired. Today I was completely awake and focused the whole day! I hope it continues to happen since tomorrow through Thursdays are my long days of the week, gotta love night classes 🙂 . On the nail front, my nails have grown a little bit, but there isn’t much of a difference (go figure, it’s the first day).
Well, I will continue this experiment for another day! I hope you all had a good day today and have a great Tuesday!